By tracking time on specific tasks, you will get more detailed and insightful reports, and be able to manage projects and time better. It is possible to set a budget (in total hours, billable amount, or cost) for each task, follow its progress, and mark tasks as completed.
You can create one or more task lists for a project and add tasks with detailed descriptions to them.
- Start by adding a new task list to a project. You can of course rename it as you wish.
- Add tasks with detailed descriptions to your task list. You can add them from scratch or select them from Task templates. We recommend preparing task templates for tasks that recur on many projects.
- If your project has a Task-based budget, you can also set a budget (in total hours, billable amount, or cost) on individual tasks for greater precision. This way you will always be able to quickly see how much resources there are left for each task and which tasks went over budget.
- All team members assigned to a project will be able to track time on its tasks. Administrators and project managers are able to create new tasks.
- When work on a certain task is finished, you can mark it as completed.
If you find yourself in need of the same task on many different projects, you can create a task template. This way you can quickly add it to each of the projects.
Please go to 'Manage task templates' section of the Account admin to create and manage task templates.
You will be able to edit your task template when needed:
If you wish to add a task from the templates to all projects, you can do this here: